16 April 2010

Spring!

Spring greetings!

We had our first bout of 70-80 degree weather  this week and I enjoyed every single minute of the suns rays.  While this weekend is only supposed to be in the 50s, it's always promising that summer is right around the corner!

While I wait for the new Close to My Heart catalog to debut, I have been playing around with various patterned paper from Michael's.  They have some great paper collections!

I really like how this card turned out.  I used Fiskars scissors to cut around the edges of the yellow paper.  Then, I took two coordinating sheets of paper for the horizontal stripe at the top.  I topped it off with a flower.  I just bought a collection of "fake" flowers and this is my first time using this type of embellishment.  I'm happy with the simpleness and elegance of this card because it can be used for many occasions!





I loved creating this card!  I have a slight obsession with animals.  (Do any of you watch "Life" on the Discovery Channel?)  The gorilla stamp is actually from Close to My Heart, but many years ago when it was still called D.O.T.S.!  My mom was a consultant and I use her collected items once in a while.  This gorilla is still very cute.

My only hesitation with this card is the small white bow.  I can still take it off and put something else there.  Any suggestions?

On a small note, I was inspired by a blog for this card.  Check out the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment