07 June 2010

Creativity in the Works

This week's challenge for OWH Stars and Stamps was a bit of a puzzle for me.  I ended up using a new technique: sponging!  I didn't have the correct card stock color.  So, I took a chocolate stamp pad and used a sponge to stamp a beige piece of paper.  I love the outcome and how it changes the look of the card - drastically.  For some reason, I end up making cards that look a bit "country".  Not sure why, but I'm happy with the finished product.



All of the paper is actually from my mom's old collection.  I love the tweed/basket weave paper behind the "Hi!".  The ribbon is brown, as well.  The camera didn't translate its color very well.  Eek!

Bring on the next challenge! :)

8 comments:

  1. Love the colors and vintage feel this card has, along with the great big HI! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a card that's all about the sentiment! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is very cute,great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the star - and the simple message. Thanks for participating in the sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute card

    I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog during the OWH blog hop.

    ReplyDelete