11 August 2010

Dog Days

I have a new love in my life.  His name is Quincy.  He's a English Mini Goldendoodle.  He's 10 weeks old and weighs in at 9 lbs.  He's a very happy puppy and just loves to sleep.

With this little guy always on my mind, I naturally created a card with a dog front and center.  :)  This week,  Heart 2 Heart Challenges had an awesome sketch to follow.  I decided to use my new favorite paper packet, Silhouette, for this card.  It's such a versatile paper packet!  Classy, too!

I cut out a rectangle on the lower right hand side of the card.  I wanted to make it look as though there were some paw prints hiding inside the card.

Inside, the paw prints trail off underneath the black scalloped border.  It's always fun to add these little embellishments on the inside of the card.

As an extra embellishment, I used foam adhesive to pop the puppy up off the card.

Everything on this card is made with CTMH products.  However, some may wonder where the puppy stamp came from.  Actually, it was produced when CTMH was considered D.O.T.S.  I found it in my mom's collection and boy is it a cute stamp.

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Stamping!

10 comments:

  1. Cute card and even cuter puppy! Love him! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card for an adorable puppy! I'm sure he loves the card that you made for him, it's absolutely darling! Great job with this week's sketch and thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is too cute! Thanks for playing with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...very cute. Both the puppy and the card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card and adorable puppy!! I have 2 full size goldendoodles and I love them, they are great dogs! Best of luck with him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute (card & puppy!). The inside is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too Sweet, Quincy looks just like the stamp. Super cute card! Thanks for creating with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful card. Quincy is pretty stinking cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card, love the window. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card and super cute puppy! I love the Silhouette paper pack too. Naz

    ReplyDelete