13 November 2010

OWH Valentine's Day Blog Hop

Goodness, it has been a while since I've created a post with artwork.  Yikes!  School and extra curricular activities have been overwhelming this semester.  I haven't had enough time to stamp, but with the holidays around the corner, I will make sure to spend time crafting!

Also, what better way to start up this blog again than participating in an Operation Write Home Blog Hop?  Sounds good to me!
  • This blog hop is dedicated to Valentine's Day.  OWH always completes holidays a month in advance so that our men and women overseas have enough time to receive the cards and then send them to their loved ones.  This year, the Valentine's Day deadline is January 7th, 2011.
  • As you have probably guessed, the Christmas card deadline has already passed.  Wow, we had so many cards sent in to this wonderful organization.  One week, we had 30,000+ cards sent in!  Such an amazing feat!
  • Don't forget to vote daily at the Joann's Craft for a Cause website!  Our organization is competing against two other awesome charities.  We're hoping to take the top prize with everyone's efforts of voting every day!
Now, on to the cards....

Everything on these cards are made with Close to My Heart products.  Don't you just love this paper?  It just looks so romantic and elegant.  The little portrait stamp of the boy and girl is really sweet, as well.  The vertical "Love" stamp is one of my favorite's, too.  As you can probably tell, I like clean-cut cards and simple designs!


You may not be able to tell due to the lighting of this picture, but I took a white ribbon and sponged it with Cocoa ink.  The ribbon now has a nice brown tint that goes perfectly with this card!  Also, for a 3-D effect, I cut out the little boy and girl and attached them to the card with foam poppers.  Underneath, I stamped the same image on the layering card stock so that the image can be seen underneath!


This card is mostly designed with the use of cardstock.  Sometimes, paper is all you need to make a great card!  With a perfect stamp that matches the design, you're ready to create a card that hopefully you'll be happy with!

Now, I've always wanted to offer some blog candy.  However, I'm not a consultant so I don't have any extra product.  With that being said, I would like to send you 3 homemade cards!  If you would like to participate in this contest, in your post, please answer the following question: How did you hear about Operation Write Home?

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog!  Your next stop on this blog hop is Christi.

40 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards! I LOVE Perfect Day, and the silhouettes I see them and think that MAYBE I do need them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards.

    I don't remember exactly how I heard about OWH, I just remember seeing a link on one of my stamp shack friend's blogs.

    Good luck in school this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your techniques on both cards sre just great! I really like the silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards. My husband was in the military years ago and I wanted to do something for those protecting our country now. When I looked for a way to help I found Cards For Heroes which was the original name of OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are gorgeous! I first heard about this through a group of friends who get together to make cards, then got involved in a challenge for Christmas cards and sent 100 to our OWH shipper. I'm a veteran and daughter of career Army dad, so this is very close to my heart (pun intended...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely cards! I heard about OWH through fellow crafters/bloggers. I'm new to this but am very excited to contribute to such a wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful cards! Love the sweet silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious cards! Love those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely cards! Really like that big bow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your cards. I heard about OWH when I was reading the blog of a friend about a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cards. I am not sure exactly but I saw the link from another blog!
    lfuchs1 at wi. rr. com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards. Love the pattern paper. I don't remember the exact blog but I found out about OWH while blog hopping one day. So glad I did!

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are delightful! I found out about OWH by stumbling onto a blog hop. Like Stefeni, I'm glad I did too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice cards!! Great work on them both! I like how you popped up the kids on the first card, and all the pretty papers in your second one. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your cards....that silhouette of the children is too sweet;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terrific cards. You are so right about papers. I really like the layouts on both cards too. I heard about OWH on Facebook. So glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards.... love the silhouette one the most!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paper piecing is the BEST. I love that scraps can create such beauty.
    I found OWH surfing the web, looking for crafing sites.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just happened to view a blog that talked about OWH and that started my involvement. Really nice cards! Can't believe you have time to card make being a college student! Good for you! Blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I received my first OWH card frommy youngest daughter when sshe was deployed in Iraq about a year ago. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards. I especially like the silhouette image of the couple. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards!

    I've been stamping for over 20 years and have loved it.

    I think I first heard about OWH on Facebook. What a wonderful, worthwhile organization!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice cards. Thanks for sharing your time and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty cards - I love the vintage feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the silhouettes. Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I read about OWH in Ladies Home Journal last June and that is when I made my first card. I'm so very glad I found OWH. Your cards are beautiful; those papers are amazing. I just went to a CTMH party today- first time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely, simple, fabulous cards! I found OWH while doing a search for an organization that I could participate in sending support to our servicemen and women. About a year ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Pretty cards, love the silhouette! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful cards. I like clean, simple lines too. I found out about OWH from Paper Crafts magazine last spring and have enjoyed having an outlet for novice card making.

    annjerryk at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the silhouette card!i was looking at sites on fb and came across OWH loved it:)its a family

    ReplyDelete
  31. OH!! These are great cards! Thanks for taking time from your studies to hop with us! I'm a retired teacher, and I can appreciate the time you are investing. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Super cute cards, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your cards are so colorful and sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your card, its beautiful. I heard about OWH from a fellow crafter on a DT.
    hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your cards are beautiful and the way the boy and girl card is designed.

    ReplyDelete
  36. oooh! I love your cards.
    Linda Dale www.thefruitofmyhands.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete