06 June 2013

Dotted Thank You

This week at the Play Date Cafe, they challenged card makers to use the colors gray, teal, and maroon in their artwork.  I love color challenges because there are so many possibilities when crafting!  I ended up using only gray and teal for my card.  In all of my crafting materials, there is nothing that I own that is maroon.  Eek!  Regardless, I am so happy with the card that I created.  This is one of my recent favorites!


I used a retired stamp set called "It's Your Day" to create the dotted gray background (using Whisper ink).

I embellished the card using black bakers twine, a dimensional elements quote bubble, sparkles flourish, and black brads.

The "Thank You" sentiment is stamped in black and colored in with Twilight ink.  I used our Blending Pen to transfer the ink from the stamp pad to the quote bubble.  This creates a great watercolor effect!


The "Thank You" sentiment is from the newly released stamp set by CTMH.  If you purchase this stamp set, all of the money will be donated to help the victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes. For $2.95, this is a great way to make a donation for a wonderful cause!

CTMH Items Used:
Card stock: White Daisy
Ink: Archival Black, Twilight, Whisper
Stamp Set: "It's Your Day" and "Thank You"
Embellishments: Black Bakers Twine, Sparkles Flourish, Black Brads, Dimensional Elements Quote Bubble
Supplies: Blending Pen

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I love that speech bubble for your sentiment, what a fun accent! Thanks for joining us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete