30 June 2013

Hello Treat Pouch

Our Heart 2 Heart Challenge this week asks you to use the masking technique in your artwork.  Masking is a great way to add interest to your card.  As you can see by the projects created by our design team, this technique can be used in many different ways!

This is the project that I created for this week:


In order to understand the masking technique, I created a quick picture tutorial to show you the steps I took to create my treat pouch:

Once you've decided what you would like to mask, stamp that image on a piece of post-it paper.  Then, cut out the design.

Place your post-it paper in the spot on your pouch that you would like to mask.  Stamp the design around and on top of your post-it paper.

After stamping, lift off your post-it paper and voila!  You have a masked image.  In my case, I have a frame that I masked.

Then, I stamped the frame image onto my bag.
I look forward to seeing the projects that you create using this technique.  Have fun!

CTMH Items Used:
Colors: Whisper, Lagoon, Black
Stamps: Frame Flair and Patterned Pennants
Embellishments: Large Paper Pouch, Silver Shimmer Trim, and Black Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea for decorating those little bags. I may have to try that! Do tell...what's in it? :-) It looks stuffed with something good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, it's only a kleenex! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully stamped pouch! I love the stamps that you used and how you embellished the top of the bag. Great job explaining how you did it also! Thanks for giving me another great idea to try!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete