28 July 2013

Ombré Card Challenge

This week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges, we are asking everyone to create a piece of artwork that uses the ombré/gradient technique.  This is a very popular trend right now! You'll notice this on clothing, in hair, and in artwork.  This was my creation for this week:

This 3x3 card was created with the intention of hanging it off of a matching gift bag.
Before we get into some close ups of the finished product, let's look at how you can use the ombré technique in your artwork:

First, I sponged Sky ink across the entire base of the card.

Second, I sponged Lagoon ink across 2/3 of the base of the card.

Third, I sponged Pacifica ink across 1/3 of the base of the card.

To soften the look, I finished by sponging Sky ink across the entire base of the card.

After stamping the gift package stamp, I embellished the card using our CTMH Silver sparkle trim and bitty sparkles.  I also used our blending marker to add black stripes on the gift package.

I stamped the "Happy Birthday" sentiment on the inside of the card using Black ink.
I attached the card to the bag using Black Bakers Twine.


All ready to be given to someone!
 Good luck with your artwork!  I am excited to see what you will create!

CTMH Items Used:
Ink: Sky, Lagoon, and Pacifica
Stamp: "Gift" stamp coming soon (in Fall/Winter 2013 idea book)
Accessories: Silver Trim and Bitty Sparkles


No comments:

Post a Comment