12 August 2013

Sentimentally Yours

This week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges, we are asking all of you to create a piece of artwork where the sentiment is the focus of your creation.  There are so many great sentiment stamps from CTMH; it was hard to pick the one I wanted to use.  Alas, I chose the simple phrase "hello there".  Let's take a peek at what I created:


I created this card by stamping "hello there" over and over... and over again on the bottom half of the card.  Some of the lines may not be exactly straight, but are close enough, I think! ;) I stamped the sentiment in whisper ink.  Then, I stamped "hello" in black. 

 

I embellished the card by using Smoothie Bakers Twine, Slate Washi tape, a wooden flower, and mini sparkles.  While this card is very simple, I love the finished look.

As you think about the endless possibilities for this challenge, I encourage you to look at the CTMH Autumn/Winter idea book for inspiration.  This is my go-to to help my creativity flow!  In fact, the embellishments on the right side of my card were inspired by the photo on pg. 8!

Have fun creating your artwork!  Which sentiment are you going to choose? :)

2 comments: