25 August 2013

Thinking of You

This week at Heart 2 Heart Challenges, we are asking that you create an art project that reflects a scene.  Using one of my favorite stamp sets "Perfect Day", I created the following card:


I stamped the image using Chocolate ink on our Colonial White card stock.  I also stamped the same image on another sheet of paper and then cut the image out.  Using the masking technique, I used our sponge and stipple brushes to create the sky.  I used Crystal Blue, Whisper, Moonstruck, and Slate inks.

Then, I dabbed my Blending Pen in Honey, Ruby, Bamboo, Desert Sand, and Olive inks to color my lighthouse.

I finished the coloring of the image by covering the lighthouse with the masked image and then using Moonstruck and Slate to create the water's edge.

The textured base paper of the card is from the new paper pack, Huntington.  It's such a beautiful paper pack!  I also used hemp string and a cocoa button to embellish the card.

The last touch?  A small sentiment of "thinking of you".

What kind of scene will you create using your stamps?  I look forward to seeing what you create!


No comments:

Post a Comment