06 October 2013

Happy Birthday!

Don't you love when a challenge allows you to think outside of the box?  That's what happened to me this weekend for RetroSketches challenge:

 

Looking at this sketch, I knew right away that I wanted to use our CTMH Slate Washi tape.  This card was calling its name!  Searching through my B&T papers, I decided that I would use my CTMH Sarita paper pack for this challenge.  Take a look:


CTMH Colors Used: Lagoon, Outdoor Denim, Slate

I changed up the design just a bit in order to incorporate the additional embellishments I wanted on my card.  On the top half of the card, I added a row of Bitty Sparkles.  I just love how much that little touch adds to the card. 

On the bottom of the card, I added a dovetail chipboard pennant, which I stamped "Happy Birthday" on with Outdoor Denim ink.  I also created a rose with Sarita patterned paper.  I placed a pearl pin behind the flower, as well.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have fun designing this week!


 

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! What a beautiful flower, and I really love navy blue with so many other colors, you've inspired me to use it more! Great work!

    ReplyDelete