07 January 2014

Christmas is Love

This week at the Merry Monday Challenge, they're asking that everyone uses ribbon or twine on their project.  Phew!  That's an easy challenge for me.

Now, you must be thinking... Christmas is already past!  Very true.  However, this challenge blog really helps get those Christmas cards done early.  It makes December a lot easier because you're not making last minute cards! :)

I ended up working with some unconventional Christmas colors for this card.  I was inspired by a picture in the CTMH Spring/Summer catalog for the layout of my card. 


I used the snowflake patterned paper from the CTMH Frosted pack as the base for my card.  Then, I used our washi tape, silver glitter trim, and outdoor denim chevron ribbon as the dovetail flags behind the framed sentiment.


I used the CTMH Perfect Frames 2 stamp set for the frame for my sentiment.  The Christmas sentiment comes from the retired Pear & Partridge stamps.  I embellished the card using Olive twine and a sparkle button.

Thank you for visiting!  Here's to building your stash for Christmas 2014!

CTMH Items Used:
Paper: Frosted
Card Stock: Outdoor Denim, Colonial White
Ink: Olive, Outdoor Denim
Embellishments: Outdoor Denim Chevron Ribbon, Silver Glitter Trim, Ruby and Silver Washi Tape, Olive Bakers Twine

12 comments:

  1. I love this card design, Brittany! A wonderful sentiment, background paper and the Washi and ribbon strips give it lots of added interest! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Brittany, this is a great layout. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nina! It was a great challenge!

      Delete
  3. Love this, Brittany! Love the sentiment, paper, ribbon and wonderful sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy! I love using ribbon on projects!

      Delete
  4. The background paper is so pretty and love the stamped sentiment! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your use of the Ribbon, Twine and Washi Tape, they compliment each other nicely, sweet sentiment too. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Brittany! Great use of ribbon, twine and washi tape! Love your layout and the sweet sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete