29 June 2014

Ocean Inspired Chevrons

If you look around, you're bound to find some sort of chevron pattern; they're everywhere lately!  And, I have gladly jumped on the bandwagon because chevron patterns are so much fun to include in artwork.

This week at Freshly Made Sketches, I was inspired by the following sketch to create a birthday card:



I used a journaling card from the CTMH My Crush Best Day Ever assortment as the background for my card.  These cards don't just have to be used for a My Crush book!  Behind the print, I put a piece of outdoor denim card stock to make it pop off the page.

http://instagram.com/p/p2a0RYtqHQ/?modal=true
Instagram photo of My Crush assortment

I glued Sky card stock across the card and then used White Daisy card stock to create a dove tail banner to go over the strip.

I embellished the card using sparkles, a sparkle flourish, and outdoor denim bakers twine.

It was quite an easy card to create! 

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I love how you did the banner/sentiment, and those papers/color are so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete