01 August 2014

Birthday Wishes & Annual Inspirations Blog Hop!


How is it August already?  Is this year flying for anyone else, or is it just me?  While August brings the end to a summer vacation for many, it also gives those who love Close to My Heart a chance to discover the whole new selection of products.

Let's just dive in, shall we?
Sorry for the brightness on the right side - light just wasn't in my favor when taking this picture... eek!

So, what's new about this card you may ask?  Many things!


The Confetti paper pack is so rich in color.  While it's geared toward birthday events, the patterned papers could totally cater to other sentiments, as well.  I used the yellow checkered paper from this paper pack in my design.


The three new CTMH colors that I used on this card were Thistle, Canary, and Glacier.  Aren't they beautiful shades?

I used the Desert Sand hounds-tooth design (from the Paper Fundamentals Basic card stock) for the base of my card.   While this paper pack is not new, we have added new color packets so now you can get this speciality paper pack in all of CTMH's colors.  Love, love these papers!



http://brittanysanfillippo.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?ItemID=8208&ci=1750

I stamped the flower in Thistle and Pear inks.  I also sponged the edges of the flower and leaves to give the image a bit more interest.  The flower comes from the new stamp set, Have a Happy Day.  Honestly, can't you just think of so many different ways to use this stamp set?  It was a must-have when I made my wish list!

The Happy Birthday sentiment comes from a new set You Mean the World to Me.  I love the cursive fonts used in these designs.

       
I added some embellishments to this card, as well.  I added a gold sequin to the middle of my flower.  The sequins come in three different shades of gold, as well as three different sizes.  The best part?  They have adhesive on the back!  I also added some gold polka-dot washi tape and brown sparkles.

And there you have it... a peek into some of the new products!  I now encourage you to visit the many other talented CTMH consultants who are blog hopping today as they also have some great projects to show you.  We hope that you're inspired and ready to play with these new products!  There's something for everyone, that's for sure!

Happy hopping!



8 comments:

  1. Love how this card features so many fun new products!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stamp set is wonderful- and I love how you have used the Yellow checked Confetti Wishes paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! So darling and pretty. Creative way of combining both stamp set and the papers. These new ink colors are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you combined all the different embellishments, papers and stamps to make a simply classy card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete