01 August 2014

MyCrush Card Challenge

Do you ever look at your papercrafting supplies and try to figure out how to use them in more creative ways?  Well, that's how I interpreted the Heart 2 Heart Challenge for this week!  The challenge was to use Close to My Heart's Picture My Life cards or MyCrush book in your project. 

I chose to create a card using a page that I tore out of the MyCrush Bluebird book.  I also used a 3x3 card from the MyCrush Favorites assortment.  It was fun to use these papers in unconventional ways! 


As it turns out, the purple paper I ripped out from the Bluebird book matches our new ink color, Thistle.  Isn't it a pretty color?  Then, I stamped the cross design in Crystal Blue on the dovetail pennant.  The grid paper is from the MyCrush assortment.  I also placed two Slate twist ties behind the Pacifica card stock for added interest.

Using one of my favorite stamp sets, Funky Blossoms, I stamped the flower in Canary and Pear.  I also stamped the sentiment in Thistle.  The colors really pop on this card, which I love!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are keen enough to rip out the papers- my sister was asking about this last night so I will be sure to show her this! Thanks for playing with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love all your little touches on your card. I have such a hard time with those twist ties, but how simple but what an impact.... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the vibrant colours of the Thistle. Very pretty card, there are so many small details on your card that make a huge impact for a beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE! Really love the combination of colors and the way you used those twist ties. Absolutely stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and cheerful! Thanks for taking the H2H Picture My Life/My Crush challenge!

    ReplyDelete